Cherry-Kissed Pork Chops: A Freezer Delight
Greetings, culinary explorers and savvy savers! Today, we embark on a flavorful journey to transform the humble pork chop into a tantalizing, freezer-friendly masterpiece that’s sure to become a household favorite. Imagine the perfect blend of tart and sweet, creating a symphony of flavors that dance upon the taste buds with each bite. Welcome to the world of Cherry Pork Chops, a dish that promises to bring both elegance and convenience to your dinner table.
Preparing the Stage: Your Culinary Setup
- Pork Chops: The star of our show, six boneless beauties waiting for their moment to shine.
- Olive Oil’s Gleam: A tablespoon to brown our stars to perfection.
- Broth and Juice: Half a cup of beef broth and three tablespoons of apple juice, setting the stage for a flavorful journey.
- Cherries in the Spotlight: A can of pitted cherries, drained yet their juice lovingly reserved.
- Cornstarch & Rosemary: Two teaspoons of cornstarch for thickening our sauce, and a teaspoon of dried crushed rosemary for an aromatic touch.
The Culinary Performance: Cooking Steps
Act 1: The Searing
Begin with warming a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Introduce the pork chops to the skillet, seasoning them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sear each side to a golden hue, about six minutes per side, setting the stage for their flavorful transformation.
Act 2: The Simmer
With the chops beautifully browned, pour the beef broth and apple juice into the skillet. Stir gently to combine, then cover and allow the mixture to simmer gently, letting the pork chops soak in the flavors for about 20 minutes.
Act 3: The Cherry Sauce
While the chops bask in their simmering bath, whisk together the reserved cherry juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. This magic potion is then added to the skillet, followed by the drained cherries and the rosemary. Turn the heat up just a notch, stirring constantly as the sauce thickens into a glossy, aromatic glaze that lovingly coats the pork chops.
Curtain Call: Cooling & Freezing
Once the performance on the stovetop concludes with a thickened cherry sauce caressing the tender pork chops, allow the dish to cool. Then, carefully transfer the entire masterpiece into a freezer container, sealing in the flavors and setting the stage for a future culinary encore.
Encore: Serving Day Serenade
The Thawing Overture
When the time comes to relive the magic, let the pork chops thaw gently in the refrigerator, setting the stage for their final performance.
The Reheating Crescendo
Transfer the thawed pork chops and their cherry sauce into a skillet, warming over low heat until the pork is succulent and the sauce bubbles with joy, ready to serenade your taste buds once more.
Final Applause: Dinner is Served
And there you have it, dear food aficionados—a freezer-friendly Cherry Pork Chops recipe that harmonizes the sweet with the savory, ready to grace your table on demand. Pair with a side of roasted vegetables or a light salad, and let the flavors of this dish take center stage, earning a standing ovation from your dinner guests. Here’s to deliciously efficient home cooking that doesn’t skimp on flavor or flair!
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 1 can pitted cherries drained but save juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried crushed rosemary
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Brown pork chops with a small amount of salt and/or pepper (to taste), about six minutes each side. Carefully pour apple juice and broth into skillet, stir well. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cherry juice and cornstarch. Add to skillet, stir. Add cherries and rosemary, bring up the heat slightly and cook until sauce has thickened, about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Allow to cool then freeze in freezer container.
On serving day
- Defrost overnight in refrigerator.
- Empty container into a skillet and cook on low heat until the pork chops and sauce are thoroughly heated.