Many of the sweeter glazed chicken sauces are loaded with a ton of brown sugar. Here is a great glazed chicken that uses fruit juice as a sweetener instead.
Low Fat Orange Glazed Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- slow cooker
- 6 oz orange juice frozen concentrate thawed
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash garlic powder optional
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine thawed orange juice concentrate, marjoram, garlic powder and nutmeg. Dip each chicken breast in juice mixture to coat, then add to crock pot. Once all breasts are done, pour remaining mixture over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving remove chicken, then pour sauce into medium saucepan. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth, then pour into saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until sauce thickens. Serve sauce with chicken and rice or pasta.