Saucy flavor is the perfect way to describe these ribs which have been remade as a low carb version.
Low Carb Saucy Tomato Ribs
- slow cooker
- 2 lbs boneless country-cut pork ribs trimmed of fat
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or two smaller 14oz cans
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp tapioca quick cooking
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh basil OR 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Mix all ingredients but ribs and basil in the slow cooker. Combine well. Add ribs, ensuring sauce coats entire ribs, stirring if needed (if cut in bite sized pieces). Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove ribs, skim any fat from sauce. Add basil to sauce, stir, then serve sauce over ribs. Serve.