Reinventing the Comfort Food Classic!
Are you ready to add a little twist to your dinner routine? Say goodbye to the traditional ground beef meatloaf and hello to a lighter, flavorful alternative with our Rosemary Turkey Meatloaf Freezer Recipe. This recipe is not just about swapping out beef for turkey; it’s about infusing your meal with the aromatic charm of rosemary and other herbs, creating a dish that’s both comforting and exciting. Perfect for meal prep or a family dinner, this freezer-friendly meatloaf is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection. Let’s dive into this delightful culinary adventure and make your freezer meals a topic of savory conversation!
Ingredients for Your Flavorful Creation
- Ground Turkey Goodness: Swap out the usual ground beef for leaner, flavorful ground turkey. This choice adds a unique twist to your meatloaf, making it a healthier option.
- Herb Highlights: Rosemary takes center stage in this recipe, accompanied by a chorus of parsley, garlic, and basil, creating a melody of flavors that will dance on your taste buds.
Preparing Your Meatloaf: Easy Steps for Freezer Success
- Herb-infused Sauce: Start by combining ketchup, dry white wine, and your freshly chopped herbs to create a sauce that’s bursting with flavor.
- Layer and Freeze: Divide your seasoned ground turkey into three portions, shaping them into meatloaves. Place each in a casserole dish and pour a third of your herby sauce over them.
- Freezing for Later: Seal your casseroles and pop them in the freezer. Now you’ve got a delicious meal ready to go for those busy days.
Serving Day: Cooking to Perfection
- Defrost and Heat: When you’re ready to enjoy, defrost your meatloaf in the fridge. Then, preheat your oven to 325F, and bake the meatloaf in its casserole or baking dish for 90 minutes, basting regularly with the sauce. The result? A perfectly cooked, moist, and flavorful meatloaf.
- Perfect Pairing: Serve your rosemary turkey meatloaf with a side of fluffy rice or your favorite vegetables for a complete, satisfying meal.
A New Take on a Classic Favorite!
Our Rosemary Turkey Meatloaf Freezer Recipe brings a delightful twist to a traditional dish, proving that comfort food can be both healthy and exciting. With its blend of herbs and lean turkey, this recipe is a wonderful way to spice up your meal planning and impress your family with something a little different. So, gather your ingredients, enjoy the cooking process, and get ready for a delicious, herb-infused meal that will bring comfort and joy to your dinner table. Happy cooking and bon appétit!
Rosemary Turkey Meatloaf Freezer Recipe
- 1-1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary can substitute 2 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp fresh sage can substitute 2 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme can substitute 2 tsp dried
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, heat the oil then stirfry onion, garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme salt and pepper for about 2-3 minutes or the onions are translucent but not turning brown.
- While stirfrying, beat the egg in a large bowl. Then add onion stirfry mixture, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir.
- Add ground turkey and bread crumbs, kneading with your hands until completely combined. Place chicken mixture into a loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 170F.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5-6 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and allow to cool. Freeze in freezer container or in ziploc bag.
On Cooking Day
- Allow to thaw overnight in fridge. Cut into serving size pieces and reheat in skillet until heated through (can add about 1/2 cup water or chicken stock to skillet to prevent it from getting too dried out, if needed). Serve.
- You can brush an additional mixture of ketchup and Worcestershire sauce if desired when cooking before serving.