A great recipe to take camping or RVing – you have flavorful rice without having to bring lots of seasonings with you. And best of all, this is a great vegetarian option, when so many rice mixes are chicken based.
Veggie Rice Mix – Make Your Own Mixes
- 4 cups uncooked Long-grained Rice
- 2 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Onion Flakes
- 4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tbsp Instant Vegetarian Bouillon
- 4 tsp Celery Flakes
- 4 tsp Green Pepper Flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Divide into three 1 pint sized jars (about 1-1/2 cups in each). Can transfer to ziploc bags before you go camping, but storing in jars until then will keep it freshest - can be stored in air-tight jars for 6-8 months.
Attach to tag
- Combine one package of rice mix (1-1/2 cups), 2 cups cold water, 1 tbsp butter or margarine in a medium saucepan. Over high heat, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Cook for 15-25 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. 4-6 servings.