A great recipe to take camping or RVing – you have flavorful rice without having to bring lots of seasonings with you.
This can be made ahead and taken with you. Just store in a ziploc or jar, and don’t forget the instructions. You can also adjust the seasonings a bit more for your preference.
Mexican Rice Mix – Make Your Own Mixes
- 4 c uncooked Long Grain Rice
- 4 ts Salt
- 1 ts Dried Basil
- 1/2 c Dried Tomato Flakes
- 1/2 c Green Pepper Flakes
- 5 ts Parsley Flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Divide into three 1 pint sized jars (about 1-1/2 cups in each).
- Can transfer to ziploc bags before you go camping, but storing in jars until then will keep it freshest - can be stored in air-tight jars for 6-8 months. Or place in jars for gift giving.
Attach to tag
- Combine one package of rice mix (1-1/2 cups), 2 cups cold water, 1 tbsp butter or margarine in a medium saucepan. Over high heat, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Cook for 15-25 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. 4-6 servings.