Rather than purchasing chili seasoning mix from the store, keep this made up in your pantry. You will save a lot of money by doing it yourself rather than always buying a pre-mixed seasoning packet every time you make it.
Chili Seasoning Mix
- 3 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients into an airtight container or ziploc bag.
- Chili seasoning mix will keep for 6 months.
Attach to label
- Use as regular chili seasoning or in the following recipe:
- 1 lb lean ground beef1 15-oz can red kidney beans2 16-oz cans tomatroes1 package chili seasoning mixBrown ground beef in skillet and drain. Add kidney beans, tomatoes, and chili seasoning in a large pot. Heat over high until it begins to bubble, then drop to a simmer, simmering for 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Serve.