The Ultimate Low Carb Hickory BBQ Beef Brisket: A Smoky Delight!
Prepare your taste buds for a journey they won’t forget with our Low Carb Hickory BBQ Beef Brisket recipe. It’s a smoky delight that brings the bold flavors of the BBQ to your dining table without the carb overload. Perfect for those who love to indulge in the rich taste of barbecue while keeping their meals low carb. Whether you’re aiming to impress guests at your next barbecue bash or craving a cozy, comforting meal, this beef brisket will hit all the right notes.
Why You’ll Fall in Love with This Recipe
- Low Carb Satisfaction: Enjoy the deep, smoky flavors of BBQ without worrying about your carb intake.
- Tender and Flavorful: The slow cooking process makes the beef brisket unbelievably tender, infused with a hickory BBQ aroma that’s irresistible.
- Versatile Serving Options: Serve it up in low carb “buns” for a delightful twist on the traditional BBQ sandwich, making it perfect for any meal occasion.
Gather Your Ingredients
For the Brisket:
- 1 (3 lb) beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat for a leaner feast
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder for a spicy kick
- 1 teaspoon of celery seed, adding a subtle, earthy flavor
- A dash of salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 onions, thinly sliced, laying the foundation of flavor
- 1 cup of Hickory-style BBQ sauce, opting for a low carb or no sugar version to keep things light
- 1/2 cup of beer to tenderize and infuse the brisket with a unique depth (choose a low carb option if available)
- 4 low carb “buns” of your choice, ensuring a guilt-free indulgence
- A slow cooker to bring all those wonderful flavors together seamlessly
- A small bowl for mixing your spice rub
- A cutting board and sharp knife for prepping and slicing your brisket
- Slotted spoon for serving
Let’s Get Cooking: Your Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: Prep and Season
- Make the Rub: In your small bowl, mix together chili powder, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Rub this spicy mixture all over your brisket, ensuring every inch is well-coated.
- Layer the Base: Place half of your sliced onions at the bottom of the slow cooker. Lay the brisket on top, cutting if necessary to fit. Cover with the remaining onions.
Step 2: Combine and Cook
- Sauce It Up: In another bowl, whisk together your hickory BBQ sauce and beer. Pour this flavorful liquid over the brisket and onions in the slow cooker.
- Slow Cook to Perfection: Set your slow cooker on low and let it work its magic for 10-12 hours. The wait is worth it for that fork-tender, flavor-packed brisket.
Step 3: Shred and Serve
- Rest and Shred: Once cooked, transfer the brisket to a cutting board to rest for about 15 minutes. Then, cut it in half and shred it with a fork.
- Final Touch: Turn your slow cooker to high. Return the shredded beef to soak up the sauce for a juicy, flavorful finish. Stir well to ensure every piece is coated.
- Assemble Your Sandwiches: If using, toast your low carb “buns” lightly. Use a slotted spoon to load the brisket onto the buns, allowing excess sauce to drip off to avoid soggy buns.
Ready, Set, Feast!
Your Low Carb Hickory BBQ Beef Brisket is ready to be devoured. Serve it up in low carb “buns” for a delightful, guilt-free twist on the classic BBQ sandwich, or alongside your favorite low carb sides for a complete meal that’s both satisfying and diet-friendly. This recipe is not just a meal; it’s a testament to the fact that low carb eating can be both delicious and indulgent. So go ahead, savor the smoky goodness, and let every bite remind you why this brisket is destined to become a staple in your recipe repertoire. Enjoy your flavorful feast!
- slow cooker
- 1 3 lb beef brisket trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 onions sliced thin
- 1 cup Hickory style BBQ sauce low carb (or no sugar) version if possible for even fewer carbs
- 1/2 cup beer
- 4 low carb "buns" of choice
- In a small bowl, create a brisket beef rub by combining chili powder, celery seed, salt and pepper. Rub spicy mix on all sides of beef. Layer 1/2 the amount of sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then add brisket, cutting if necessary. Layer remaining onions on top of brisket.
- In a separate bowl combine hickory BBQ sauce and beer, then pour over brisket in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours, or until tender and cooked through.
- Remove brisket and allow to rest on cutting board for 15 minutes. Cut brisket in half then shred beef with a fork. Turn slow cooker up to high and place shredded beef back in slow cooker with remaining sauce and stir to coat beef with sauce. Cook to ensure the beef is heated through.
- Depending on the "buns" you are using: Toast buns if desired, then divide brisket onto the eight bun halves, using a slotted spoon to prevent too much sauce from making the buns soggy. Serve immediately.
A Low-Carb BBQ Dream Come True!
This Low Carb Hickory BBQ Beef Brisket is more than just a meal; it’s a flavorful journey that satisfies your BBQ cravings without the carb overload. It’s perfect for those on a low-carb diet or anyone who loves a good, hearty BBQ dish. So fire up your slow cooker, let the flavors meld, and get ready to enjoy a brisket that’s sure to impress at any table. Bon appétit!