Dreamy Clean: The Ultimate Guide to Refreshing Foam Pillows
Welcome to the cozy world of foam pillow care, where keeping your pillows fresh, clean, and fluffy is easier than you might think! Foam pillows, beloved for their support and comfort, do have one little quirk—they love to hang onto odors.
Whether it’s the natural result of nightly use or an accidental spill, a less-than-fresh pillow can disrupt your peaceful slumber. But fret not! Cleaning your foam pillows doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With our straightforward guide, you can banish odors and welcome sweet dreams on pillows that feel like new.
Let’s dive into the simple steps to ensure your foam pillows are as inviting as a cozy, well-made bed.
A Fresh Start for Your Foam Pillows
Imagine laying your head down each night on a pillow that’s not only supportive but also wonderfully fresh and clean. That’s the promise of properly cared-for foam pillows.
While these pillows can’t be treated like their feather or synthetic counterparts, cleaning them is not only possible but also quite manageable. From washing to drying, we’ve got all the tips and tricks you’ll need to rejuvenate your pillows without a hitch. Ready to give your foam pillows the spa day they deserve?
Follow along as we guide you through each step.
Step 1: Pillowcase Removal
- Start Fresh: Remove the pillow from its case or protective cover. These should be washed separately according to their care instructions.
Step 2: Choosing Your Detergent
- Liquid Gold: Opt for a mild liquid detergent to ensure thorough cleaning without residue. Powdered detergents may not dissolve fully, leaving behind unwanted traces.
The Washing Process
Step 3: Machine Washing
- Gentle Cycle: Wash your foam pillow in cold or warm water on a gentle cycle. Avoid hot water to prevent the foam from breaking down.
- Solo Spin: It’s best to wash the pillow alone to prevent uneven washing and rinsing.
Step 4: Rinsing Right
- Double Dip: If any soap remains after the initial wash, don’t hesitate to run a second rinse cycle to ensure all detergent is removed.
Drying with Care
Step 5: Air Drying Essentials
- No Heat: Never put foam pillows in the dryer due to the fire risk. Instead, opt for air drying.
- Speedy Solutions: To hasten drying, place the pillow in a sunny spot or near an open window. A fan can also help circulate air without introducing heat.
Step 6: Fluff for Finish
- Pat and Flip: Throughout the drying process, gently fluff and turn the pillow to ensure even drying. This helps maintain the pillow’s shape and prevents moisture pockets.
Extra Tips for Pristine Pillows
- Odor Busters: For new pillows with a strong smell, or to refresh between washes, sprinkle baking soda on the pillow, let it sit for a few hours, then vacuum it off.
- Regular Refreshes: Even if they don’t seem dirty, giving your foam pillows a wash every few months can keep them at their best.
- Protective Covers: Use a pillow protector under your pillowcase to shield against spills and stains, extending the time between washes.
Rest Easy on Refreshed Pillows
With your foam pillows now clean and fresh, you’re all set for a night of restful sleep. This easy maintenance routine ensures your pillows can continue to provide the support and comfort you love, without any unwelcome odors or dirt.
Remember, a little care goes a long way in preserving the life and quality of your pillows. So here’s to sweet dreams and even sweeter wake-ups, courtesy of your newly refreshed foam pillows. Sweet dreams and happy cleaning!
If you have a new memory foam pillow you are trying to remove the smell from, check our Remove smell from memory foam pillows article.