The great fresh & chunkily sliced tomatoes in this recipe really set it apart from other chilies.
Low Fat Tomato Chili Freezer Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs lean cut boneless beef
- 2 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes diced
- 14 oz can kidney beans DO NOT DRAIN!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- In frypan with non stick cooking oil, brown beef.
- In large bowl combine remaining ingredients, stirring well. Then add beef, stirring until beef is coated.
- Pour into freezer container, cover and freeze.
On serving day
- To serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- If not in a casserole sized baking dish already, transfer it to one. Cover. Bake in 325F oven for 2 to 2 /1/2 hours or until beef is cooked through and tender. Stir and serve.
- Can make it spicier by adding more chili powder or a small diced jalapeno pepper.