Another freezable macaroni and cheese recipe featuring Canadian bacon.
Canadian Macaroni n Cheese Freezer Recipe
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 lbs elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 lb Canadian bacon chopped
- 8 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- Combine broth, milk and macaroni noodles into a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil for ten minutes, stirring regularly. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with water, then combine with noodle mixture. Bring to a boil then add peas and bacon.
- Stir well, remove from heat, then add cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
- Freeze in preferred serving sizes.
On cooking day
- Defrost, and heat in saucepan over medium heat until heated through.