71 Cranberry Creations: Elevating Your Thanksgiving Table
Welcome to the ultimate guide for cranberry sauce enthusiasts and Thanksgiving hosts alike! If you find yourself reaching for the same old cranberry sauce recipe each year or, dare we say, defaulting to the canned variety, it’s time for a culinary revolution. This Thanksgiving, we’re here to inspire you with not one, not two, but a staggering 71 different cranberry sauce recipes that promise to transform your holiday feast from traditional to extraordinary.
Cranberry sauce, with its vibrant hue and perfect blend of sweet and tart, has long been a staple of the Thanksgiving table. Yet, it holds the potential for so much more than the classic rendition we’ve all come to know. Whether you’re hosting a festive gathering for friends, planning a “single girls only” Thanksgiving dinner, or aiming to impress guests with an array of choices, our collection of cranberry sauce recipes has something for everyone.
From the adventurous cranberry sauce with avocado or horseradish to crowd-pleasers like Cosmo Cranberry Sauce or Sangria Cranberry Sauce, we’re here to spice up your holiday with flavors you’ve never imagined. And let’s not forget about the little ones! Our kid-friendly Cranberry Ketchup and cranberry dipping sauces are sure to delight even the pickiest of eaters at the kids’ table.
How to Choose and Serve
Mix and Match
- Consider offering two contrasting cranberry sauces at your table. This not only adds variety but also encourages guests to explore new flavors.
Tailor to Your Guests
- Think about the preferences of your guests. Opt for more traditional recipes for a classic Thanksgiving feel, or go bold for a more eclectic crowd.
Presentation is Key
- Serve your cranberry sauces in beautiful bowls or jars, each labeled with the recipe name. This adds a touch of elegance and intrigue to your Thanksgiving spread.
Tips for a Cranberry Success
- Experiment in Advance: Try a few recipes before the big day to find your favorites.
- Get Creative: Don’t be afraid to tweak recipes to suit your taste or to invent your own cranberry concoctions.
- Involve Your Guests: Invite your guests to vote on their favorite sauce, adding a fun interactive element to your feast.
A Thanksgiving to Remember
This Thanksgiving, let cranberry sauce take center stage with our diverse and delicious selection of recipes. Whether you’re looking to surprise your guests with innovative flavors or simply want to upgrade your cranberry game, these 71 different recipes offer endless possibilities to elevate your holiday meal. So, grab your apron, unleash your creativity, and prepare to dazzle your guests with the ultimate cranberry sauce spread. Happy Thanksgiving, and happy cooking!
- Cranberry sauce with beer
Might not be your first choice, but you know it will be a hit with the guys!
- Roasted cranberry sauce
Definitely a keeper! I will definitely be trying this one!
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Save stovetop space by making cranberry sauce in the slow cooker.
- Orange cranberry sauce with cinnamon and pecans
I love orange cranberry sauce, the addition of pecans will make it one to remember.
- Cabernet cranberry sauce
Complete with video!
- Cranberry salsa
On my have-to-try list!
- Cranberry Avocado Salsa
I am not a fan of avocado personally, but I know those who like it tend to be pretty zealous in their love for it, so I know someone will be making this one!
- Apple-cran-pear sauce
The unexpected ingredient in this one is a can of apple pie filling! This must be a regional thing because I have never heard of such a thing, or else I just don’t know where I would have ever seen it in the grocery store! Baking aisle?Â I am pretty sure not in the canned fruit aisle!
- Cranberry Rum Sauce
Includes Captain Morgans rum and granny smith apples in this sauce.
- Spiced cranberry sauce with chardonnay and orange zest
If you are a chardonnay fan, this would be a great way to either use up your left over wine or get a head start on the dinner wine!
- Cranberry relish
A thicker version of traditional cranberry sauce.
- Cranberry Sauce with Maple & Orange Zest
Includes great photos of this one being made.
- Cranberry-Caramel Sauce
Sure to satisfy those sweet tooths in the family!
- Santa Fe Cranberry Sauce
A spicier cranberry sauce from Good Housekeeping
- Baked Cranberry Sauce ala Orange
You can bake this cranberry sauce alongside the turkey.
- Apricot Cranberry Chutney
Uses dried apricots to save on money.
- Southwestern Cranberry Sauce
Another spicier cranberry sauce from Good Housekeeping
- Cosmo Cranberry Sauce
Good for that girlfriend’s only Thanksgiving dinner!
- Brandied Cranberry Sauce
A great one if you have brandy lurking in your cabinet!
- Maple Cranberry Sauce with Walnuts
This one is good enough for cheesecake topping too, if you plan for a non-traditional (ie. not pumpkin!) desert.
- Blackberry Cranberry Sauce
If you have ripe blackberies on bushes on your property, you could even send the kids off to have fun picking blackberries before dinner!
- Organic Cranberry Sauce
If you have organic cranberries, give this one a try.
- Sangria Cranberry Sauce
Another sauce perfect for that single gals only dinner
- Cape Cod Cranberry Sauce
Raisins are the star of this sauce.
- Three Cranberry Relish
This recipe uses fresh cranberries, cranberry juice and dried cranberries.
- Cranberry Raspberry Sauce
You can use fresh or frozen raspberries in this one.
- Cranberry Sauce with Caramelized Onions
I love caramelized onions, this Good Housekeeping recipe is sure to be a winner.
- Fennel & Walnut Cranberry sauce
This would be a great recipe if you have fennel growing in your garden, since it is in season.
- Pineapple-orange cranberry sauce
I love pineapple, this is another one to try sometime!
- Port wine cranberry sauce
Another cranberry sauce for red wine fans.
- Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce
A nice flavor of ginger enhances this cranberry sauce from Good Housekeeping.
- Cranberry Mandarin Sauce
A recipe that uses homemade cranberry sauce or canned cranberry sauce as the base.
- Grappa Cranberry Sauce
For those of you that don’t know what grappa is, it is an Italian brandy.
- Cranberry Burgundy Sauce
Another cranberry sauce using Burgundy red wine.
- Pineapple-Rum Cranberry Sauce
Another pineapple based cranberry sauce, this time with dark Jamaican rum!
- Cranberry chutney
Another thicker cranberry sauce, but I can’t help but think how the apple cider vinegar must really enhance this one!
- Cranberry sauce with tangerine essential oil
This is definitely one of the more unusual ones, but since so many of us have bottles of essential oils for crafts, I know at least a few of you will try this one!
- Blueberry cranberry sauce
For the blueberry fans, a great healthy fruit!
- Cranberry Sauce with Zinfandel, Star Anise and Black Pepper
A mix of flavors in this one.
- Dried cherry cranberry sauce
Here is a nice spin on the whole adding fruit to cranberry sauce.
- Grand marnier cranberry-orange relish
Not for everyone, but would make a great second selection of cranberry sauce. Read the reviews, as it can turn out to be a bit more bitter than expected.
- Chipolte Cranberry Sauce
For those who want a bit more kick in their cranberry sauce
- Cranberry applesauce
Use the leftovers for a snack for your kids, or freeze your leftovers for later.
- Cranberry Horseradish Sauce
This one doesn’t strike me as yummy, but I know some horseradish lovers will probably love it!
- Spiced cranberry ketchup
The perfect cranberry sauce for the kids, you can even put it in a bottle like ketchup!
- Cranberry Tangerine & Blueberry Sauce
Another great fruited sauce, using frozen blueberries to save money
- Sugar and spice cranberry sauce
Another one that is a bit sweeter than others, with a tangy spice to it.
- Red Wine Cranberry Sauce with Walnuts
Another red wine cranberry sauce, this time with walnuts
- French Canadian cranberry sauce
With maple and brown sugar.
- Microwave cranberry sauce
If you need the stovetop and oven space, make cranberry sauce in the microwave
- Sugar-free cranberry sauce
Perfect for diabetics and others trying to watch their sugar intake.
- Cranberry Sauce with Raspberry Vinegar
Another cranberry sauce that isn’t quite as tart.
- Maple cranberry sauce
This is another one on my must try list. The maple syrup counteracts some of the usual tartness of cranberry sauce and makes
- Light cranberry sauce with apple cider
A lighter version of cranberry sauce for those watching their calories.
- Spirited Cranberry Apricot Sauce
Another lighter cranberry sauce from Cooking Light.
- Cranberry Dipping Sauce
A good recipe for the kid’s table this Thanksgiving!
- Cranberry-Ginger dipping sauce
Another dipping sauce for the kid’s table
- Cranberry Lime Sauce
A nice tart cranberry sauce using both lime juice and lime zest
- Cranberry butter
Perfect for those Turkey leftover sandwiches you will all be eating!
- Curried Peach & Cranberry Chutney
If you love curry, you will love this one from Good Housekeeping.
- Japapeno Cranberry Sauce
Not for the faint of heart… and mouth!
- Clem-Cranberry Sauce
A spin on the usual orange cranberry, this one is made with clementines
- Brown Sugar Cranberry Sauce
Another darker cranberry sauce recipe
- Cranberry Barbecue Sauce
This one would be perfect for those doing a non-traditional turkey burger dinner instead of a roasted turkey!
- Cranberry Chipotle Barbecue sauce
Another BBQ sauce recipe, this one with a tex mex kick from Canadian Living.
- Cranberry Sauce with Apricots, Raisins & Oange
A nice fruity version of cranberry sauce you can make the day before.
- Brandied Orange & Cranberry Sauce
Brandy really brings out the flavors in this sauce
- Cranberry-Tangerine Sauce with Apples & Almonds
Another nutty crunchy variation of cranberry sauce
- Nantucket Cranberry Sauce
A dark cranberry sauce with maple syrup, molasses and brown sugar.
- Pear Honey Cranberry Sauce
A refreshing mixture of flavors in this cranberry sauce.
- Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce
A perfect one for pomegranate lovers, especially since the fruit is in season!
Hope you find the perfect cranberry sauce and we’d love to hear what recipes people are trying out. And just incase you need it, here is how to remove cranberry sauce stains 🙂 And we have plenty more Thanksgiving articles here.