Squeaky Clean Challenge Day #16 – Refrigerator
Another one of those chores that seldom gets done except for the quick “throw out the expired milk and the funky looking veggies” cleanup.
- Check dates and toss all expired products, old leftovers, and any fruits or veggies that have gone bad.
Remove everything from the fridge.
- Wipe down the fridge walls, shelving, bins, gasket, and bottom with a cloth sprayed with all-purpose cleaner to get rid of dirt and other ickies.
- Make your own stainless steel polish
- Make your own soft scrub cleaner
- Remove shelving or bins with stubborn stains and soak in the sink with soap and hot water.
- Return items to fridge, wiping down the sides/bottoms of containers that may be sticky.
- Check the gasket to see if it needs replacing (the soft vinyl seal between the door and the fridge.) You can waste a lot of energy if it is no longer sealing properly.
- How to check your refrigerator’s seal
- How to clean your refrigerator’s gasket/seal
Brand new to the MomsBudget Squeaky Clean Challenge? Click here for all the details, plus get the full list of all thirty days. Comment below when you are done with today’s task!