Wild Rice Side Dish Slow Cooker Recipe
An easy dish to have on the go while you are busy making the main course
- slow cooker
- 1 c wild rice or wild rice & regular rice mix unseasoned
- 1/2 c fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c chopped onions
- 1/2 c diced green or red pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2-1/2 cup chicken broth
- Layer rice and veggies in slow cooker, then pour oil, salt and pepper over top, then stir. Heat broth, and pour over all.
- Cover and cook on high 2-1/2 to 3 hours, until liquid is absorbed.