Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe for Slow Cooker
If you don't have a rice cooker, it can be a pain to cook rice for dinner. Here is how you can make it in your slow cooker instead, even with wild rice!
- slow cooker
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Spray your slow cooker with a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray. Rinse wild rice well in a strainer, ensuring you drain well. Add to crockpot, then add onion, salt, broth and water, mixing well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Add mushrooms and thyme, stirring gently. Cover again and cook on low for 30-60 minutes, or until wild rice is tender.
- Serves six as a side dish.