Slow Cooker Manhattan Clam Chowder
Yes, clam chowder can be made in the slow cooker! This Manhattan-style clam chowder is great for cold nights.
- slow cooker
- 1/4 lb regular bacon diced fried and drained
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 3 pieces celery thinly sliced
- 1 lg onion chopped well
- 1 12- oz can tomatoes
- 2 8- oz clams with liquid
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 medium potatoes raw cubed
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook manhattan clam chowder on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and serve in bread bowls.
Leave a Reply