Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
A non-layering crock pot lasagna. I use spinach and/or whole wheat lasagna noodles to make it healthier These are regular lasagna noodles, not the "no boil" ones.
- slow cooker
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into bite size pieces
- 3 quarts. boiling water
- 2 tsp cooking oil optional
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3/4 c finely chopped onion
- 2 x 14 oz cans of canned tomatoes with juice broken up
- 5-1/2 oz tomato paste
- 1 c creamed cottage cheese
- 2 c grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp parsley flakes or 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried whole oregano although I have always used ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1-1/4 tsp salt although I never have added salt to this recipe
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook lasagna noodle pieces in boiling water, cooking oil and salt in pot for 14 to 16 mins. Drain
- Fry ground beef in frying pan until browned, then drain. Add to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Add lasagna noodle pieces and stir, then cover. Cook on Low 7-9 hours or on High 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
Leave a Reply