Get your cranberry kick without having to wait until the holidays, while the added orange makes it seem less “Christmas”. This recipe also makes lots of extra sauce, making it perfect to serve over rice.
Orange Cranberry Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- slow cooker
- 3 lbs chicken pieces cut up
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Rinse chicken well then pat dry. Place chicken pieces in bottom of slow cooker. Combine all remaining ingredients except cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring well, then pouring over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and place on covered warming dish. In a small dish combine cornstarch and water, adding to crock pot set on high. Stir frequently for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve orange cranberry chicken over rice with the sauce.