Mexicali Minestrone Slow Cooker Recipe
A delicious vegetarian minestrone with a spicy Mexican twist, far from the same old minestrone from your Grandmother's day.
- slow cooker
- 2 cups red-skinned potatoes chopped
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 15 oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- In slow cooker combine all ingredients except the sour cream, stirring well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-1/2 - 5-1/2 hours or on low for 9 to 11 hours.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.