This still has beef, but a lot of healthy cabbage too, which helps lower the fat and lighten up traditional meatloaf.
Low Fat Cabbage Meat Loaf
- slow cooker
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3 cups shredded cabbage can buy pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds optional
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and shape into a loaf the same size as your crock pot (either round or oval). Place wire rack into slow cooker and place meat loaf on top.
- Cover crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Serve!