Everyone loves beef stroganoff, but it definitely isn’t known for its lack of calories. Here is a slimmed down version created for those who are looking for the great taste of beef stroganoff without having the have the fat and calories to do it.
Low Fat Beef Stroganoff
- slow cooker
- 1-1/2 lb round steak fat trimmed cut in 1"x1/2" pieces
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube or packet
- 1 10-oz can fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese cubed in 1/2" pieces
- Add round steak to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine flour with water, stirring well. Then add pepper, salt, garlic, onion, soy sauce, beef bouillon and cream of mushroom soup, stirring until combined thoroughly. Pour mixture over steak.
- Cover and cook for 6-7 hours, stirring every couple of hours.
- Add cream cheese during last 1/2 hour of cooking then prepare pasta noodles while cream cheese cooks into stroganoff mixture. Place noodles on plates and top with stroganoff. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply