We have recreated this apricot pork roast to reduce the carbs, and your family will never even notice the change.
Low Carb Apricot Pork Roast
- slow cooker
- 1 3 lb pork shoulder roast boneless, fat trimmed
- 1 16- oz jar apricot fruit spread low sugar
- 1/4 cup low salt chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large onion chopped
- Place pork roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl combine apricot fruit spread, broth, mustard and onion pieces, stirring well. Add to slow cooker pouring over top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer pork roast to cutting board. Skim fat from top of slow cooker broth, then serve over pork roast. Enjoy!