Here is a great ribs and rice recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth too! What is better than honey and ribs in the crock pot!
Honey Ribs ‘n Rice Crock Pot Recipe
- slow cooker
- 2 lbs back ribs extra lean
- 1 10 1/2 oz can beef consomme condensed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cup rice quick cooking
- Give ribs a rinse, patting dry, then cut into serving size pieces. In crockpot, combine all ingredients except rice, stirring well. Add ribs.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Remove ribs (leave sauce!) and set aside, preferably in a warmed oven.
- Set crockpot to high, if not already, and add quick-cooking rice, cooking until done (use instructions on rice as guideline).