German Style Potato Salad Crock Pot Recipe
German style potato salad is a fantastic addition to any barbeque, and it is quite different from American style potato salad... and it has bacon!
- slow cooker
- 6 slices of bacon
- 3/4 cups chopped onion
- 1 10 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 cups parboiled and cubed potatoes
- pepper and parsley to taste
- Brown bacon in a skillet, saving 2 tbsp drippings to saute onion. Crumble bacon. Combine soup, water, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Add onion and bacon, stirring well. Next, add potatoes and parsley, again combining well.
- Pour into the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
This potato salad can be served hot or at room temperature.