Polenta with cornmeal and cheese in this tasty version for your slow cooker, perfect for a side dish.
Crock Pot Polenta
- slow cooker
- 2 cups cornmeal coarse is best although use medium if you prefer
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Parmesan grated fresh is best
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put the crock pot on high setting and add cornmeal. Add salt and pepper if preferred, stirring to combine.
- In a saucepan, add milk and water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add to crock pot. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours (remember to turn the setting down from high) or high for 2 hours. Liquid should be absorbed to cornmeal, if it is not, continue cooking checking every 15 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.
Leave a Reply