This is a great recipe for snow days, it will be ready when you come in from the cold! And no powdered hot chocolate mix here, this is made with real chocolate!
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- slow cooker
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate such as Baker's chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups milk
- chocolate flakes optional
- whipped cream optional
- marshmallows optional
- Add unsweetened chocolate to slow cooker and add sugar on top. Cook on low for ½ hour, or until chocolate is fully melted.
- Stir well to combine chocolate and sugar. Add milk slowly, whisking as you add it so that the fully combines with chocolate.
- Change slow cooker setting to high and cook for 45-60 minutes or until the hot chocolate is hot and steaming.
- Serve in mugs, topping with chocolate flakes, whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.