Shrimp found in Chinese food is often of the deep-fried variety. Here is a sweet and sour Chinese style shrimp which you can make easily in the slow cooker. And it only requires a few ingredients.
Chinese Sweet & Sour Shrimp Slow Cooker Recipe
- slow cooker
- 2 lbs shrimp shelled
- 2 cups Chinese style sweet & sour sauce
- 1 lb bag frozen Chinese stir-fry veggie mix
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits optional
- Combine shrimp and sweet & sour sauce, adding to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until shrimp and cooked through.
- Cook vegetables according to instructions, drain and add to slow cooker with pineapple. Stir well, and cover, cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over plain or fried rice.