Chinese Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Recipe
Chinese food in the crockpot! This pepper steak goes perfect with fried rice.
- slow cooker
- 1-1 1/2 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tomato seeded peeled & diced
- 2 red or green bell peppers cut into strips
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- Cooked Rice
- Trim any fat from the steak, then slice into thin strips. Add to slow cooker. Then add garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, then switch to high, adding the diced tomatoes and sliced peppers.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water and stir until smooth, then add to the slow cooker. Continue cooking covered in high for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
- Add bean sprouts and onion, then serve immediately.
Great over rice or Chinese noodles!
Leave a Reply