Need to make some chicken noodle soup without chemicals in the canned version? Perfect when you’re sick or looking after sick little ones (or big ones!) at home.
Chicken Noodle Soup Crock Pot Recipe
- slow cooker
- 1 fryer chicken, 3 to 3 1/2-lb cut up and skin removed
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp salt use less as per taste
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 tsp dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1/2 c Uncooked medium egg noodles
- In slow cooker, add chicken first, then carrots, onion and celery. In bowl, combine remaining ingredients except noodles, then pour over vegetables. Add 6 cups water.
- Cover and cook on high for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken and bay leaf. Add two cups of water and noodles. Stir, cover, and cook on high for 20 minutes to cook noodles.
- Remove chicken from bones, and cut into smaller bite-sized pieces, then return to slow cooker. Cook covered for additional 15 minutes on high, or until noodles are done.
Leave a Reply