A great version for the slow cooker, with the great taste of a cacciatore with chicken. A family favorite for sure.
Chicken Cacciatore Crock Pot Recipe
Chicken Cacciatore is a great Italian dish which is a hearty family favorite. The rich tomato flavor with onions and mushrooms captures this hunter-style dish perfectly.
- slow cooker
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 4 cups mushrooms chopped in half
- 2 large onions chopped
- 3 lbs skinless chicken parts
- Cooked spaghetti noodles for serving time
- In slow cooker combine chicken broth, garlic powder, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. Stir well then add chicken parts, stirring to immerse in sauce. Cover crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.