If you love Borscht, here is an easy slow cooker version!
Borscht Crock Pot Recipe
- slow cooker
- 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup shredded green and/or red cabbage
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot grated
- 2 tbsp yellow turnip grated
- 1 large beet fresh not canned, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet brown ground beef until no longer pink.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, onion, carrot and turnip, then add to ground beef, stirring well to combine. Add beets, giving a quick stir.
- Pour into slow cooker. In medium bowl combine water, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, parsley, dill weed, bay leaf, salt and pepper, stirring well until thoroughly combined. Pour over ground beef mixture in slow cooker.
- Stir well, cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Uncover and remove bay leaf. Serve.