BBQ pot roast is pretty popular, but most people simply dump a bottle of barbecue sauce into the crock pot and call it done. This one has peppers, onions, preserves and more gives it a sweet undertone.
BBQ Pot Roast Crock Pot Recipe
- slow cooker
- 3 lb boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup apricot or peach preserves
- ¼ cup diced green peppers
- ¼ cup diced red peppers
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar
- Bread rolls for serving
- Add roast to crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients (except bread) in a bowl, stirring until combined. Pour over roast, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot and slice into thin slices. Return to crock pot, stirring well and cook over low for 20-30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Serve beef and rolls with remaining sauce, or over rice if preferred.