Basil Chicken Crockpot Slow Cooker Recipe
This chicken dish uses fresh basil to give this chicken dish a nice bright flavor even after cooking in the crockpot.
- slow cooker
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 cup celery chopped with leaves
- 3 lb whole chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped OR 1 tsp dried basil
- Place carrots, onions and celery first into the slow cooker, then add chicken on top. Cover with chicken broth. Add basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.