Yes, Risotto for the slow cooker! This is super easy and can be less finicky than cooking on the stove top, and can free up your stove for making the rest of your dinner.
Slow Cooker Risotto
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup light cream
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock use water for vegetarian
- Salt & pepper
- Add rice and olive oil to slow cooker. Cook on high for 15-20 minutes with lid removed, stirring every few minutes.
- Add light cream and stock, then salt and pepper if desired.
- Switch the slow cooker to low and cook for an additional 30-45 minutes.
- The liquid will be nearly entirely dissolved and rice al dente. Add Parmesan cheese and stir. Serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!