We all know that buying new baby clothes, especially for a first baby, is a very expensive experience! Here are some tips to find bargains on baby clothes when you are expecting.
- Buying designer clothes. Sure, buy one or two if you can’t resist, but does your baby really need an entire wardrobe that is only Tommy Hilfiger and Gymboree? Not really.
- Shop children’s consignment stores. They are often filled with designer clothes at a fraction of the price, and are great for baby basics as well, such as socks and onesies.
- Borrow. If a friend or family member has recently had a baby, ask if you can borrow some clothes for the first few months, especially if you don’t know if you are expecting a boy or a girl. Just take care of the clothing and return it in the similar condition you received it in.
- Watch garage sales. While you should be wary about buying certain baby items at garage sales, you can find some great baby clothes at them.
- Watch for Gymbucks at Gymboree and sales at both Gymboree and Baby Gap. You can find steals on baby clothes on their clearance racks, usually for cheaper than you’d find at a regular discount store.
- eBay! Need I say more?
Leave a Reply