Pizza Bagels Freezer Cooking Recipe
These pizza bagels are a great alternative to sending pizza slices as a treat for lunch. And your choice of toppings can turn a fun lunch into something healthy for your child's lunch or snack.Print Rate
- 12 bagels - plain or sundried tomato Can use whole wheat for a healthier option
- Pizza sauce
- Assorted pizza toppings Add extra veggies for healthier options
- Mozza cheese
- Cut bagels in half and place them face up on workspace. Spread tomato sauce in a thin layer, then add toppings. By making a variety of toppings, they won't get boring in lunches. Sprinkle with cheese then broil in oven until cheese melts.
- Cool completely and package them individually (half a bagel per bag). Freeze.
On cooking day
- Can be put into school lunches frozen, and they will thaw by lunchtime.
- These are also great for after-school snacks. You can also switch to whole wheat bagels to make them healthier.
- Younger kids love helping to make these, so they can add their own toppings.