If you want to stock your home bar with a suitable supply of alcohol, you need to have commonly used spirits in your cupboard, because let’s face it, probably everyone doesn’t share your personal passion for green apple flavored vodka and melon liquor. So what should you have to cover the common drinks your guests might ask for?
- Vodka… and not the flavored kind. However, if you have regular vodka, feel free to get one of the trendy flavored vodkas, such as apple or lemon, as well.
- Gin… small bottle unless your guests drink it frequently.
- Rum… both dark and light, if you can afford it. Otherwise, go for light only.
- Tequila… great for margaritas, but if you start doing tequila shooters, proceed with caution!
- Bailey’s irish cream
- Wine – white and red.
- Triple sec
Now for the mixers:
- Tonic water
- Club Soda
- 7-Up / Sprite
- Lemons (fresh)
- Limes (fresh)
- Oranges (fresh)
- Maraschino cherries
- Apple slices (if appletinis are on the drink menu)
With the above, you will have a well stocked bar at home for unexpected guests or that dinner party you are hosting.
Leave a Reply