Helping build self esteem is important in your role as a parent. You should make an effort of sending one true positive message to each child each and every day. Here are fourteen things you can tell your child to help build his or her self esteem.
1. Your hair looks great that way.
2. Wow, you did those dishes in the fastest time ever.
3. You are doing really well on ___.
4. Great job on your test/assignment/report.
5. You played really well with your brother/sister.
6. Your idea of ___ for dinner was a great one.
7. Thank you for finding ___ for me.
8. It is great that you did _____ without me even asking you first.
9. Even though you spilled ___, I know you’ll clean it up as good as new.
10. You are such a great helper.
11. You’ve worked really hard.
12. I am proud of you.
13. I am so happy for you doing ____.
14. No one can do ____ as well as you.