It is rare to find a pre-packaged rice dish with turkey, so if you love turkey, this is a great thing to take camping.
Turkey Rice Mix - Make Your Own Mixes
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 tbsp instant turkey bouillon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl; stir mixture until well blended. Divide into three 1 pint sized jars (about 1-1/3 cups in each).
- You can transfer to plastic ziploc bags before you go camping, but storing in jars until then will keep it freshest - can be stored in air-tight jars for 6-8 months.
Attach to tag:
- Combine one package of rice mix (1-1/3 cups), 2 cups cold water, 1 tbsp butter or margarine in a medium saucepan, stirring well to combine. Over high heat, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Cook for 15-25 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. 4-6 servings. Serve hot and add cooked chicken if desired.