Rather than purchasing chili seasoning mix from the store, keep this made up in your pantry. You will save a lot of money by doing it yourself rather than always buying a pre-mixed seasoning packet every time you make it.
Chili Seasoning Mix
Don't buy the chili seasoning mix packets from the grocery store, make your own easily and for much cheaper. And the taste is 100X better!
- 3 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients into an airtight container or ziploc bag.
- Chili seasoning mix will keep for 6 months.
Attach to label
- Use as regular chili seasoning or in the following recipe:
- 1 lb lean ground beef1 15-oz can red kidney beans2 16-oz cans tomatroes1 package chili seasoning mixBrown ground beef in skillet and drain. Add kidney beans, tomatoes, and chili seasoning in a large pot. Heat over high until it begins to bubble, then drop to a simmer, simmering for 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Serve.