A good chicken recipe… if you have chicken, add it to the rice when its done for a whole meal. A great take along for camping without all the added sodium from the pre-packaged version.
Chicken Rice Mix – Make Your Own Mixes
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 tbsp instant chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Divide into three 1 pint sized jars (about 1-1/3 cups in each). Can transfer to ziploc bags before you go camping, but storing in jars until then will keep it freshest - can be stored in air-tight jars for 6-8 months.
Attach to tag:
- Combine one package of rice mix (1-1/3 cups), 2 cups cold water, 1 tbsp butter or margarine in a medium saucepan, stirring well to combine. Over high heat, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Cook for 15-25 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. 4-6 servings. Serve hot and add cooked chicken if desired.
Leave a Reply