Get ready to add a dash of excitement to your cooking with your very own homemade chili seasoning mix! Instead of reaching for those store-bought packets every time you’re in the mood for some hearty chili, why not mix up a big batch of this magical blend and keep it handy in your pantry?
It’s not just a fun little kitchen project; it’s a smart way to save some pennies too. Imagine the satisfaction of whipping up a delicious chili with a seasoning mix that you crafted yourself. It’s fresher, more flavorful, and best of all, it puts a little extra jingle back in your pocket. So, let’s get mixing and spice up your meals with a homemade touch that’s sure to impress!
Chili Seasoning Mix
- 3 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients into an airtight container or ziploc bag.
- Chili seasoning mix will keep for 6 months.
Attach to label
- Use as regular chili seasoning or in the following recipe:
- 1 lb lean ground beef1 15-oz can red kidney beans2 16-oz cans tomatroes1 package chili seasoning mixBrown ground beef in skillet and drain. Add kidney beans, tomatoes, and chili seasoning in a large pot. Heat over high until it begins to bubble, then drop to a simmer, simmering for 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Serve.