Embrace the Joy of Homemade Clean!
Are you looking for a fun and cost-effective way to handle your laundry needs? Dive into the world of homemade liquid laundry detergent!
Not only does this DIY project save you money, but it also allows you to reuse and repurpose, making it a great choice for the environment. Plus, you can store it in a used detergent container for a seamless transition. No one will know it’s homemade – unless you want to share your savvy secret!
Gather Your Ingredients
- What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups bar soap (Fels Naptha or Ivory are great options)
- 2 cups Borax
- 2 cups Washing Soda (Arm & Hammer is a popular choice)
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Your Detergent
- Grate the Soap: Begin by grating the bar soap into fine shreds. This helps it dissolve easily in water.
- Mix and Melt: In a large pot, combine the grated soap with 4 cups of water. Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, until the soap is completely dissolved.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate container, mix the Borax and Washing Soda.
- Blend Together: Add the dry mixture to the pot with the melted soap. Stir well until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Cool and Store: Allow the mixture to cool. It will thicken as it cools. Once cool, transfer your homemade detergent into your storage container.
Container Tips: Repurposing with Style
- Reuse and Repurpose: If you have an old liquid laundry detergent container, give it a good rinse and use it to store your homemade detergent. It’s convenient and familiar!
- No Old Container? No Problem: If you don’t have a suitable container, ask friends for an empty one or find a good container at a dollar store. Make sure it’s easy to pour from and seals well.
Using Your Homemade Detergent
- How to Use: Shake or stir your detergent before each use as it may separate. Use the same amount you would normally use of a store-bought detergent.
- Enjoy the Clean: Revel in the satisfaction of using a homemade product that effectively cleans your laundry while being kind to your wallet and the planet.
Clean Clothes, Happy Wallet, Healthy Planet!
Making your own liquid laundry detergent is a fun, easy, and economical way to keep your clothes clean and fresh. Not only do you get to control the ingredients, but you also contribute to reducing waste by reusing containers.
So, embrace the joy of DIY and enjoy the fresh, clean results of your homemade laundry detergent. Happy laundering!