Many people don’t stop and think about their child’s feelings about being homeschooled. So when you talk to your child, these are the most common “likes” from the child’s point of view, so you can reinforce this when you discuss homeschooling with your child, especially if he or she is somewhat reluctant to the idea.
- Fewer school hours
- Flexible school working hours
- Ability to work at own pace instead of at the classroom’s pace
- No classmate personal issues
- Can reteach skills without the entire class knowing your child “didn’t get it”
- Not being afraid to ask for help on things being taught
- More field trip opportunities
When you are bringing up homeschooling, it is important that you look at it from a child’s perspective and not focus on how it makes it easier for you. Focus on what makes it easier for your child instead.
Also read: What do kid’s dislike about homeschooling?