Some people have trouble deciphering if they have depression, or just a simple case of the blues.
Here are a list of usual symptoms of depression.
- Lack of interest in usual activities or pastimes you previously enjoyed.
- Insomnia or excessive sleepiness
- Feel irritable or restless
- Increase or decrease in usual appetite or usual weight
- Inability to concentrate, or focus to make decisions
- Feelings of anxiety, hopelessness or sadness
- Frequent thoughts of suicide or death.
If you experience four or more of the above symptoms, every day or nearly every day of a two week period, you may be suffering from depression. You should make an appointment with your doctor to discuss your depression and possible treatments.