Life changes and long term stress is often cited as common triggers for depression. Some people are genetically more prone to depression triggers than others. And while one person might handle one life situation perfectly fine, it could affect the next person completely opposite
Here is a listing of many common depression triggers:
- Grieving the death of a loved one
- Major life change such as a divorce, children leaving, retirement, losing a job.
- Long-term stress
- Having or recovering from a major injury or illness
- Recently having a baby (post-partum depression)
- Drinking alcohol
- Using illegal drugs
- Certain medications
- Certain medical or health conditions
If you believe you may be suffering from depression, view the common symptoms here. And make an appointment to see your family doctor so you can discuss your depression and possible treatment pans.
Leave a Reply