Zesty spare ribs in a BBQ sauce for your freezer cooking.
Zesty BBQ Spare Ribs Freezer Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs spare ribs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 oz. tomato puree or crushed tomatoes
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
- Heat oil in frypan and brown ribs. Remove from pan and set aside. Next, fry onions for five minutes in pan. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Add ribs back to the pan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- To freeze, allow to cool, place in freezer container and freeze.
On serving day
- To cook, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place ribs in casserole, cover and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.