Love turkey but are looking for a way to add it to meals without the usual cranberry sauce and stuffing? Turn it spicy with turkey enchiladas.
Turkey Enchiladas Freezer Recipe
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans/jars mild enchilada sauce or kick it up for spicier enchiladas
- 2 cups grated cheese cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 1 pkg 6-8" tortillas (you will need approx 10-12 depending on size)
- In skillet with small amount of cooking oil over medium heat, cook ground turkey and onion until turkey is cooked through. Drain grease (if any). Transfer to bowl and add sour cream, corn and 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray and coat bottom with 1/3 cup enchilada sauce.
- In each tortilla, spoon 2 tbsp of meat mixture and 1 tbsp of cheese and roll tortilla. Place in baking dish seam-side down.
- Once all enchiladas are in baking dish, pour remaining enchilada sauce over, making sure it is spread well. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Allow to cool (if not already) then wrap and freeze.
On serving day
- Remove from freezer and defrost.
- Cover with tin foil, then bake for 20-30 minutes (or until fully cooked) in a preheated 350F oven. Remove foil and return to oven until cheese on top is melted.
Leave a Reply