Tortellini as a soup instead of with pasta sauce
Turkey & Corn Tortellini Soup Freezer Recipe
- 1 8 oz package fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 cup turkey cooked and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans chicken broth or turkey broth low sodium if available
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 2 tbsp green onion
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil (you need to measure the water, since it forms part of the broth!) along with garlic. Add tortellini and cook according to package instructions (usually about 10 minutes).
- Lower temperature to medium-high. Add chicken or turkey broth, stir. Add corn and stir. Bring up to a boil again, and boil for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 1 more minute, stirring well. Add green onions and pepper, stir well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then divide into equal portions in containers. Freeze.
On serving day
- Thaw overnight in refrigerator or you can defrost in microwave.
- Pour contents of container into saucepan and heat over medium high until heated through. Serve.
- Can sprinkle with more fresh ground pepper or Parmesan cheese when serving if desired.