A spicy spin on everyone’s favorite soup.
Tex Mex Chicken Soup Freezer Recipe
- 2 14-oz cans chicken broth
- 1 15-oz can Great Northern Beans rinsed & drained
- 1 4-oz can green chilies chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Spray a large soup pot lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Saute garlic and onion until onion is translucent. Add beans, chilies, oregano, cumin and broth, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chicken and corn and simmer for 15 minutes, or until soup is heated throughout.
- Can serve some now if desired, or freeze entire batch of soup in your preferred serving sizes.
On serving day
- To serve: Remove & defrost. Put soup in soup pot and heat over low heat. You can also cook from frozen, but be aware it will take longer.
You can also freeze in single serving sizes and use for lunches where a microwave is available.